SURF Research as Art Exhibition 24th June
Swansea University Research Forum (SURF) would like to invite you to the SURF Research as Art Exhibition 2011.
This event celebrates the diversity and beauty of research at Swansea University. A competition was held, inviting images from all over the University that are inspired by research or inspire research. Sixty entries were received from all areas of research, and a distinguished panel of judges selected a total of 13 winners. All entries will be displayed at the exhibition and prizes awarded by the Pro-Vice-Chancellor Professor Noel Thompson.
The exhibition will be open from 2:30pm on Friday 24th June in the Digital Technium Atrium (ground floor, left off reception), with the prize giving at 3:30pm. The exhibition is open to all. Drinks and nibbles will be available.
A high-profile judging panel was assembled for the competition, with a broad range of expertise:
– Prof. Dame Jean Thomas (Vice-President & Biological Secretary of the Royal Society)
– Catherine Draycott (Head of Wellcome Images)
– Dr. Rosie Plummer (Director of National Botanic Garden of Wales)
– Prof. Noel Thompson (Pro-Vice-Chancellor – Academic Development)
– Prof. Hilary Lappin-Scott (Pro-Vice-Chancellor – Strategic Development/Change Management)
– Dr. Richard Johnston (Awards Organiser, SURF Board Member, Lecturer in Engineering)
On behalf of SURF we hope to see you there … this promises to build on the success of last year’s event, aiming to stimulate conversations and meetings between diverse researchers across campus.
Visit the website for more information about SURF: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/research/surf/