IOP Science have set up a portal to recognise the growing importance of biomedical engineering. A selection of papers are available for free download. Topics covered include biomedical materials, biofabrication, nanotechnology, neural engineering and physics in medicine. Find it at http://iopscience.iop.org/page/biomedcontinue reading
We have free access to the new journal series ICE Science throughout 2012.
This collection aims to deliver a holistic overview in the areas of materials science, biomaterials, nanotechnology, energy and green chemistry inspiring fresh thinking in how breakthrough research can be practically applied.
- Unique reflection properties of CdS/butterfly wings nanocomposites
- Noble metal nanoparticles on biotemplated nanowires
- Hydrogels as biomimetic mineralisation scaffolds
Emerging Materials Research
Most read articles:
- Isothermal crystallization of novel polypropylene/polyaniline-grafted-short glass fiber (Pan-g-SGF) composites
- Analysis of series and shunt resistance in silicon solar cells using single and double exponential models
- Ambient erbium luminescence in silicon and silicon-germanium films
Nanomaterials and Energy
Most read articles:
- Lithium hexaoxo antimonate as an anode for lithium-ion battery
- Perspectives on supercapacitors, pseudocapacitors and batteries
- Polymer-derived SiO-CNT paper as lithium-ion battery anodes
Two new journals – Nanoscale and Polymer chemistry – have been launched by the Royal Society of Chemistry. We have free trial access to articles from Nanoscale until December 2010 and to Polymer Chemistry until December 2011. Access is only available on campus.
Polymer Chemistry http://www.rsc.org/Publishing/Journals/PY/index.asp
They can also be accessed by looking them up in Voyager.
Nanoscale will be publishing experimental and theoretical work across the breadth of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Topics include Synthesis of nanostructured and nanoscale materials, Characterisation of functional nanoscale materials and bio-assemblies, Properties of nanoscale materials, Self-assembly and molecular organisation, Complex hybrid nanostructures, Nanocomposites, nanoparticles, nanocrystalline materials, and nanoclusters, Nanotubes, molecular nanowires and nanocrystals, Molecular nanoscience, Nanoelectronics and molecular electronics, Nanomedicine. It is aimed at a cross disciplinary readership.
Polymer chemistry will be publishing advances in polymer chemistry encompassing all aspects of synthetic and biological macromolecules, and related emerging areas. It aims to provide a showcase for the ongoing efforts driving polymer chemistry, highlighting the creativity of the field and previously inaccessible applications. It is aimed at materials scientists and bioscientists as well as those working in polymer chemistry.continue reading