Enhancements to IEEE Xplore
HTML articles will be added to IEEE Xplore from August, allowing a more interactive experience.
These first HTML articles mark the beginning of weekly additions of thousands of HTML-formatted documents to IEEE Xplore. By the end of 2012, you will see nearly 200,000 articles in this new format.
IEEE Xplore subscribers will automatically have access to the HTML versions of documents, as per existing subscription terms.
The dynamic new design redefines how IEEE publications are displayed online. Presenting cutting-edge IEEE articles from select publications in an elegant, state of the art, HTML layout provides a richer and more interactive research experience that allows you to:
- Scan and interpret articles in under 60 seconds using “Quick Preview”
- Navigate between sections of long articles with intuitive floating navigation
- Effortlessly explore text, figures, equations, and multimedia files
- Quickly view and copy mathematical equations, expressions, and formulas
- Enhance your research with recommendations of related articles
The collection of articles available in HTML will build rapidly over the next several months, with a current focus on all IEEE journal content from 2001 to present. You will also start to see conference papers from 2001 and later in the new format by the end of this year. Magazine and Standards will follow in 2013, with over 2 million HTML articles available by the end of 2014.
Other new features also added to IEEE Xplore this month:
- Share IEEE Xplore documents on social media sites
Social media buttons now appear on all abstract pages so you can easily share links to IEEE Xplore articles through Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Filter to only show content included in your subscription
IEEE has expanded the popular search filter that allows users to “show only content in my subscription” to all IEEE Xplore subscriptions. You can find this filter on the search results page and in Advanced Search.
- View a history for Top 100 Documents Downloaded by month
Browse the most popular search terms and top downloaded documents by month plus see an archive of top downloaded documents from previous months.
- Coming Soon: Save documents to Project Folders
My Projects allows users to create personal project folders within IEEE Xplore to help organize documents by project or topic. Save documents to an unlimited number of folders, personalize with project descriptions, and add notes and tags to individual articles as you save them to projects. Sign in with your personal IEEE Account to access this feature.